RESOLVED SSL Certificates and User Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythTheWolf

---SSL Certs---
What your suggestion is : Adding SSL Security, as this is a High-Traffic Site
Pros : You can safely run the site, as users will he greeted with a green lock by the URL, rather than a negative "Not secure" sign. This is free if you use cloudflare,and insanely easy to get.
Cons : If you don't know how to use Apache2 or nginx's virtual hosts, this could be tricky.
Argument For it : Personally, I don't like my password being sent to the server without encryption or verification that the server is who we think it is.
Counterargument : I don't have one, unless you like a non-secure site

--User Upgrades--
What your suggestion is : Setting up automatic payment/product gateways
Pros : Users would not have to wait,and you would not have to personally verify payments
Cons : This may require a new addon, and some additional setup
Argument For it :
I've set this up many times before. There is a "User Upgrades" option in xenforo, but if this will not suffice, this can be done my making custom API calls to xenForo via webhooks after payment is successful. A demo may be given if you so desire.
Counterargument : Don't know how this would not be beneficial.

Luminous

Retired Staff
Trusted
SpigotVIP
Supporter
Benefactor
Leaked Spigot Plugins & More
The only reason @WifiSpy has not implemented this is because of the theme. When SSL is enabled a lot of stuff breaks on the website. It's not the doesn't want to just doesnt know how to fix the issue. He is aware that cloudflare has SSL FYI.

Ragnar Lothbrok

Senior Administrator
Staff
Administrator
MC Models
SpigotVIP
Supporter
Leaked Spigot Plugins & More
There are a lot of issues that come with SSL on a site like this.
Regarding user upgrades, WiFi has claimed that this can not be implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackSpigot General Chat
Rules Help Users
    S @ SergeiUser: 600+ MCMODELS LEAKED FREE .zip DOWNLOAD FREE -> https://shorter.me/infinite_money_glitch