Trouble getting started with Survival with my kids... We need to explore to find iron, but when we explore we get killed and lose everything. Why is t

U

/u/robertgfthomas

Sorry for the beginner question! My kids are old enough to start playing video games, and picked up Minecraft. I'm learning it too so we can play together. We have both Java and Bedrock editions.

In Survival, it seems like it's hard to make much progress without iron. Leather armor doesn't offer much protection, and rarer resources like diamonds and gold need to be mined with iron pickaxes. However, while there's copper all over the place, iron is fairly scarce.

We started off strip-mining, but it takes such a long time to find any iron veins that it just doesn't feel worth it. However, when exploring we need to go fairly deep into caves to find enough iron to amount to anything, and when we do we always get attacked by skeletons, which are difficult to kill with just stone and wood tools. Then we have to try to find our way back to the kill spot to retrieve the items, which is tough because caves are hard to navigate and because the skeletons are often still there.

We could switch to 'Easy' or 'Peaceful', but I'm curious about how people manage on harder settings. What's your strategy for building up enough iron to be able to survive, and really progress the game? Thanks!

submitted by /u/robertgfthomas
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

free plugins
spigotmc
SpigotMC
minecraft paid for free
free minecraft paid plugins
free minecraft plugins
aac free
ewg free
Minecraft Premium Plugins