players can run /server before logging in

KamenkoTV

I'm running a bungeecord network (bungee + 2 servers) in offline mode.
Users have to authenticate themself in the lobby server (LoginSecurity).
The point is: A normal user can join with my username or someone else's and do some bungeecord commands such as /server. Is it possible to block these commands?

I'm asking this because I can't remove them from the config bungeecord permissions. It is essential for Citizens NPCs to execute /server bedwars for players to switch between servers, so I want to block them before login so that they can't do /server bedwars before login.

Laxi

Legendary
SpigotVIP
Supporter
Leaked Spigot Plugins & More
Use AuthMe or some good login plugin.

KamenkoTV

how would that solve my issue if they would be able still to type /server command when the command is bungeecord default command and the login plugin is installed in hub?, also is there a way to migrate database from LoginSecurity to authme because i have 8900 users and i can not do that manually.

Laxi

Legendary
SpigotVIP
Supporter
Leaked Spigot Plugins & More
If you use AuthMe with the bungee addon, players will not able to use any bungee or spigot commands until they are logged.

And yes, authme has LoginSecurity converter.

Last edited:

StyxerPr0

players can run /server before logging in

(SOLVED)

I recommend the AuthMe == (AuthMeReloaded) plugin because it is a more secure authentication program.
I have also used LoginSecurity and found minor bugs during the game.
AuthMe == (AuthMeReloaded) also has the same bug at the beginning that you can do "/server <server>" before logging in.

There are two comprehensive solutions to improve this.
1. Make "bungeecord.command.server" inaccessible to regular BungeeCord congregation players.
(And then use the ServerSelector plugin or portals that players can join another server..)
Or
2. Download a program like "JH_AuthMeBridge". However, you need to set up and complete the configuration data from there. And done!

Let's say you start server 1.17 and see JH_AuthMeBridge plugin version 1.14, it doesn't matter. the plugin is still running. If it doesn't work on 1.17, use either ViaVersion/ProtocolSupport to make the plugin work again.
- JH_AuthMeBridge put in Lobby and BungeeCord server

Last edited:
BlackSpigot General Chat
Rules Help Users
    RealNotSound @ RealNotSound: NOTICE: ALL M*NED.TO RESOURCES ARE VIRUSES